Ausco Modular Pty Limited ACN 010 654 994 (referred to as “Ausco”, “we”, “us” and “our”’) recognises that the privacy of your personal information is important to you and we are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information that we collect from you.
What information do we collect and hold?
Ausco is a leading supplier of modular and transportable buildings including offices, classrooms, sleeping and living accommodation units and the provider of remote accommodation, to business, public entities and government customers. The type of personal information that we collect will depend on the nature of your dealings with us. Generally, we collect the following personal information from you:
- your name, mailing or street address (residential or business), email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- company details (if applicable)
- credit card or financial information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- when accessing our website, the time and date you visit, any information or documentation that you download, your browser type and your IP address;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We do not collect personal information that we do not need.
How do we collect personal information?
We usually collect personal information in the following ways:
- directly from you, when you provide it by phone, letter, electronic form or in documents such as an order or credit application;
- from our own records on how (hire, sale or accommodation services) and where you use our products;
- from our transactions with you such as payment history, account activity, and information we receive from credit bureaus;
- when you register on our website or app or interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
- when you communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; and
- from publically available resources.
We hold personal information in paper-based and electronic files.
How do we handle the personal information of job applicants?
When you apply for a job or position with us we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
The personal information provided will only be used for the purposes of the recruitment process and any covering letters, resumes and application forms provided will be securely stored and only accessed by the relevant manager and the Human Resources Manager.
For unsuccessful candidates, the personal information will either be destroyed immediately or securely stored for a period of up to three months. During that time, it will not be used for any other purpose than recruitment.
How do we use your personal information?
We will only use your personal information for the business purpose for which it was collected. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- to enable you to access and use our website and app;
- provide you with information such as a quote, respond to an enquiry by you or to arrange the delivery of the products or services you require;
- manage client relationships and improve the services we provide;
- administer and manage hire, sale or accommodation transactions – including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- supply you with information relevant to our business, products and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services and app, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to conduct our internal business operations, comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- assess applications for employment.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. We may do this, even if you are on the Do Not Call Register.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose personal information to external service providers who help us operate our business including:
- travel providers, agents, contractors, IT, security, legal, accounting, research, credit, credit reporting bodies, marketing, insurers, financial institutions, debt collection agencies and others;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving credit payments);
- other credit providers, to assist them with assessing a credit application they have with you, or to ensure that the information about you that we handle is correct;
- credit reporting bodies in order to obtain credit reports and also for the purpose of dealing with defaults on your credit account and serious credit infringements;
- our employees, affiliated companies and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers, professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, where we are required to or permitted to by law; and
- your employer, if you are an employee of a subcontractor or contractor to prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime).
As a result, your personal information may be disclosed to a recipient in a foreign country, including but not limited to New Zealand, the United States of America, United Kingdom and countries of the European Union. We will take reasonable steps, before disclosing personal information to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach our privacy laws in relation to that personal information.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We hold your personal information in paper-based and electronic files. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which is kept in our files is protected from:
- misuse, interference and loss; or
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
This means that, in respect of our paper-based files, we maintain various security systems on our premises, and in respect of electronic files, we (or our service providers) maintain secure electronic network systems. When we no longer require your personal information (including when we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you), we ensure that it is destroyed or de-identified.
Accuracy and correction
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
We will not charge you for making a correction request, for correcting your information or for accessing your information.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
All other complaints should be directed to the Privacy Commissioner on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
How to contact our Privacy Officer
Post: Ausco Modular Pty Ltd, PO Box 187, Goodna, Qld, 4300
Telephone: 13 62 11