Experience and proven ability were the key factors in Ausco Modular winning this initial project for Sydney Trains Centre for Excellence. The pilot project’s on time delivery and on budget result will mean the roll out of nine more facilities across NSW.
Ausco Modular was chosen because of experience and proven ability to design and deliver high quality modular building solutions. It was critical that this first project was delivered on time, on budget and to the highest quality standard so that it would be well received by all stakeholders with minimal disruption to service. This would ensure that funding would be made available to roll-out the remainder of the depot reform programme.
Prior to Ausco Modular’s involvement, Sydney Trains were initially planning a three year build using conventional construction. In only 18 months Ausco Modular provided a full turnkey solution, by presenting a feasibility study, providing full design through to handover.
Ausco places priority on working with the customer as early as possible, in this case, pre tender. This meant a modular solution designed by the customer and Ausco, working to our standards whilst incorporating the customer’s custom elements resulting in a high quality facility that Sydney Trains staff are extremely proud of.
As the project evolved Ausco Modular expanded the scope through consistent performance:
- Complete furniture, fittings & equipment procurement and installation
- Triangular fly roof over outdoor raised decking area
- Stormwater retention and reticulation to reduce mains water usage
- Solar HWS to generate primary hot water source with energy efficient heat pump back up
- Centrally controlled zoned ducted underfloor air conditioning system
- Complete site BCA certification including certification of the civil works package.
Ausco also assisted the project by providing temporary hire facilities for staff.