Ausco Modular first mobilised to the Amrun project, southwest of Weipa, to install the initial 32-person village in August 2014.
Through 4 wet seasons, Ausco transformed the small camp into an 808 person construction village and installed 11 temporary office complex facilities and recreation facilities which include cricket nets, stages for band performances and games rooms.
This is a phenomenal effort noting that if you took all installed modules and placed them end-to-end, it would make a line of more than 7kms long.
Ausco Modular completed approximately 200,000 hours of construction works without a serious injury and managed over 700 truck movements without a transport incident.
Ausco’s team also managed the critical infrastructure for the fly-camp for the entire period without an environmental issue.
- July 2014: 32 person install including operation of the village (catering and critical services).
- December 2015: Relocation of 32 man fly-camp and install of 100 room village with 400 capacity kitchen.
- May to July 2016: Install of 64 room mobile and 296 room WA modules.
- July to December 2016: Install of 7 temporary office facilities (approx. 100 modules).
- October 2016: Install of 100kl RO plant.
- December 2016 to June 2017: Install of 8 temporary office facilities (approx. 100 modules).
- February to March 2017: Install of 216 mobile room expansion.
- March to April 2017: Install of 128 mobile room expansion.
- April 2017: Handover of catering to Sodexo. Continued operation of critical services.
- April to October 2017: Install of additional village central facilities.
- June 2017: Install of additional 100kl RO and additional STP.
- July 2017: Awarded maintenance and general services work for the remainder of the project.
- September 2017: Prior to the end of camp requirement in March 2018: Install in-ground and early works for the power plant (direct to Aggreko).
Amrun Village, 40 kilometres south of Weipa on the Cape York Peninsula in Far North Queensland.
Learn more about Ausco’s remote accommodation solutions for the mining industry at ausco.com.au/mining-resources.